Join L2D Today

We want to thank you for being apart of our growing auto detailing community. Have any questions? Please read our FAQ page.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Default Element-119 System X

Guys,

Has anyone here used this stuff? I had a great conversation with Andrew at Element today and exchanged a few e-mails. This stuff seems similar to cquartz in the way it is applied, but flashes off in 3min or less. One thing noted by Andrew is the strong solvent like smell with the product. He said to use it outdoors or in a well ventilated area.

If you look at the website he suggested looking at the wash test. 175 Washes with Dawn and the stuff was still holding on and sheeting water.

They seem like nice people, expect a full review of this product in the next few weeks.

Those of you that have used cquartz or opti-coat, does that have a solvent like smell to it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xlntshine View Post
    Guys,

Has anyone here used this stuff? I had a great conversation with Andrew at Element today and exchanged a few e-mails. This stuff seems similar to cquartz in the way it is applied, but flashes off in 3min or less. One thing noted by Andrew is the strong solvent like smell with the product. He said to use it outdoors or in a well ventilated area.

If you look at the website he suggested looking at the wash test. 175 Washes with Dawn and the stuff was still holding on and sheeting water.

They seem like nice people, expect a full review of this product in the next few weeks.

Those of you that have used cquartz or opti-coat, does that have a solvent like smell to it?
    Opti Coat doesn't really have a strong smell. CQ kinda reminds me of superglue with its smell. You gotta love how quickly technology is changing our industry! Pls post a review if you get some.

Thanks

Its on the way! I am a sucker for trying these new technologies!!! Head to Head against DG Clean Nano? J/K But is the DG a sealant or coating?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xlntshine View Post
    Its on the way! I am a sucker for trying these new technologies!!! Head to Head against DG Clean Nano? J/K But is the DG a sealant or coating?
    Bring it on!! Just remember that the DG products are NOT on the market and are just at the beta testing stage. Depending on the feedback, they will be canceled, modified or maybe brought to market. That's up to the Bailey brothers to decide. It's just cool that we get to provide them with information with which to make their decision! The 2 products are different. The polish is like 105 in a way and is a nano polish. There is very, very little cleaning ability with it however. The nano sealant is clear with no cleaning whatsoever.

Thanks

Jim recently used this coating and gave me the lowdown so he should have some things to add here when he sees this!

Thanks

I recently picked some of this up . Just haven't had a chance to use it

Thanks

Oooh another nano product, nice!

Can't say I've ever heard of it to be honest but I do look forward on reading a review

Thanks

I've heard about it and actually talked with someone who has used it. They say it's very similiar to AQuartz in terms of quality, etc. The application from the videos look super easy as well. Diversity is great for the users!

Thanks

I have applied this on one car and I will do my own(when I get some spare time) and I must say that System X is, IMHO and so far, much better then Aquartz. It have a chemical odor but OC smells awful compared to System X (I am refering to the strong ammonia odor from OC).

I used 1/4 of the bottle to a smaller car and yes, I know it says you have to use it all on one car and its useless if you dont use it under 24 hours. But I have used many products that have the same text and they are just fine after a couple of months.

It took a little time to get on with the application but after one car I think I got it. Good water repellancy!

Thanks

Paging Jim?? lol Good stuff guys. I can't wait till it gets to my door!