Join L2D Today

We want to thank you for being apart of our growing auto detailing community. Have any questions? Please read our FAQ page.

Thanks

Default Kranzle/Camspray foam cannon/Optimum soap demo

I finally tried out my Camspray foam cannon with my pressure washer. For my initial use I chose Optimum Car Wash since I consider it on the higher end of foaming soaps. This is the first type I have used any foam cannon with my pressure washer.

Pressure Washer: Kranzle 1120T (full power: 1400 psi)

Foam Cannon: Camspray with adapter

Soap: Optimum Car Wash ~10:1 (1.5 oz to 16 oz water)

Comments:
    1. Produced fairly thick suds. 1400 psi seemed plenty, suds slowly dripped down

2. Camspray reservior is too small (enough for two cars max) compared to others on the market for the price. If I had known it was that small I would not have purchased it but 0.5 oz per car to foam is not bad. The camspray has an adjustable knob that controls the stream and the front nozzle rotates as well to adjust foam amount. I had on best foam pattern.

3. Optimum soap did not rinse off as well as I would have thought even with the pressure washer..very sticky to paint

Thanks

Thanks for sharing Bunky. How do you like the Kranzle? Did you own any other pressure washers before the Kranzle?

Thanks

Thanks for sharing Bunky! Is this something you will use with each wash? I was amazed the first time I used mine and don't ever want to be without it.

The Optimum shampoo will rinse easy if you dilute it a bit more. It's very concentrated.

Thanks

Looks awesome!

Have you messed around with the adjustment knob that much? I found that if you open it up all the way so that I would be putting out the most amount of foam, it start... Pulsating. Have you experienced this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWeRX View Post
    Looks awesome!

Have you messed around with the adjustment knob that much? I found that if you open it up all the way so that I would be putting out the most amount of foam, it start... Pulsating. Have you experienced this?
    Same on mine, I have to have it a bit less than full foam. Thanks for sharing Al. Looking good!
    I wouldn't need to manage my anger if people would manage their stupidity...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Thanks for sharing Bunky. How do you like the Kranzle? Did you own any other pressure washers before the Kranzle?
    I like the Kranzle. It is like buying a Flex or other well engineering machine. I also have a gas pressure washer but never liked it: noisy compared to the electric, dealing with gas/oil, too big to fit in the garage, poor ergonomics). Yes, I lose portability (need electricity) and the gas is more powerful but the Kranzle is plenty for cars.

Quote Originally Posted by cnut View Post
    Thanks for sharing Bunky! Is this something you will use with each wash? I was amazed the first time I used mine and don't ever want to be without it.
    I have used it occasionally for washing (not foaming) especially since it saves water (less water is used to rinse compared to a hose). I had to get another hose disconnect so I would detach quickly and then sheet off water.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Thomas View Post
    The Optimum shampoo will rinse easy if you dilute it a bit more. It's very concentrated.
    I figured that would be a big variable. Given that I used only 1.5 oz soap (enough to coat 2 cars), it is actually not very much soap.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyWeRX View Post
    Looks awesome!

I did adjust the knob and the sprayer to get the most foam with widest pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post
    Same on mine, I have to have it a bit less than full foam. Thanks for sharing Al. Looking good!
    Thanks for the feedback. The camspray felt cheap despite the price I paid.
    Last edited by Bunky; 01-13-2013 at 05:04 AM.