Join L2D Today

We want to thank you for being apart of our growing auto detailing community. Have any questions? Please read our FAQ page.

Thanks

Default 1st Ever Interior Only Post

This is the first time I've ever been asked to only do an interior clean up. The vehicle belongs to a co-worker's daughter who can't afford to have the whole thing done at this time. When you see the pics below, you'll understand why the inside needed doing fist!

The other issue with the interior was there was a smell of cat urine in the back seat. I investigated products to best handle this. I went with a recommendation of Ron from Facebook who highly recommended ValuGuard's Odor Terminator. I was booked weeks ahead and ordered a gallon of this product to deal with the odour.

Here are the before shots:

Method:

For the plastic, I used my AG knock-off pad + OPC at 4:1. All plastic was cleaned.

For the carpeting, I liberally sprayed Folex and then agitated it with my DA brush. I used a white terry towel to remove the worst of the stains and then extracted it using my new Mytee Lite II extractor.

I had called Valu Guard and spoke with a tech guy there who recommended that I extract the seats first, dry them a bit and then spray the Odor Terminator on the seats and let it dwell at least an hour followed by a second application.

Following his advice, I first liberally sprayed Folex and worked it in with the DA brush. I got better stain removal if I used terry towels first to absorb the stains and then extracted. I did so and then used the O.T. It has a strong, but pleasant smell. I was afraid I would smell the cat piss when I was using the extractor, but fortunately I could not smell it. Nor could I smoke a cigar to mask any smell as I was doing interior work. After many hours of drying time following the second application of O.T., the only residual smell was that of the O.T. I don't know for sure whether the cat urine smell will be eliminated or not. I suspect it will be proven by about next June when we get a real scorcher of a day. The product is designed for that type of odour, so I sure hope it did the trick. As far as removing all the stains, see below. The plastic came up nicely too although I forgot to shoot the arm rests on the doors to show the improvement.

Here of course is the ubiquitous disgusting water shot drained from the extractor after the job:

I'm not a big fan of doing interior work, but this was rewarding to get all those nasty stains out and hopefully rid the vehicle of the cat urine smell too. It ended up taking me 4 hours to do the job. Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by richy; 11-04-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    I wouldn't need to manage my anger if people would manage their stupidity...

Thanks

Way to give Carlos a run for his money Wow that extraction was needed urgently! Happy happy time

Thanks

Great job Richy! Now the tears in the owners eyes will be that of joy, NOT cat piss and devastation!!!

Thanks

Complete with a Backstreet Boys Millinium CD.

Thanks

Awesome work Richy! Smells are definitely the worst to take care of for me.

I HATE doing nasty interiors. Some make me want to invest in a HazMat suit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PerfA_ZN0W View Post
    Way to give Carlos a run for his money Wow that extraction was needed urgently! Happy happy time
    I don't know man, that bar is set pretty damned high!! Thanks though!

Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    Great job Richy! Now the tears in the owners eyes will be that of joy, NOT cat piss and devastation!!!
    Thanks so much Tad! Tears of Joy is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by MelF1fan View Post
    Awesome work Richy! Smells are definitely the worst to take care of for me.

I HATE doing nasty interiors. Some make me want to invest in a HazMat suit.
    Thanks Mel. Thankfully I don't get too many. I certainly don't chase them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshs2013MSAltimaSL View Post
    Complete with a Backstreet Boys Millinium CD.
    Thanks Josh. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Thanks

They should have put rubber flooring and vinyl seats in that thing. Looks like she's prone to spilling stuff.
    Nice recovery Richy!!

Thanks

looks great richy!

for interior odours, after a proper cleaning, try using fog-it or auto vaccine. they are great products!

Thanks

Default 1st Ever Interior Only Post

Folks, I wanted to update this post using the product that Ron Ketcham suggested.

The true test was whether the smell would re-emerge in hot temps. I checked with the customer and was told that the car is in the southern U.S. and has seen temps in the 90's with NO SMELL!!

Valu Guard Odor Eliminator for the win!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk